Announce your candidacy for the Board of Directors!
Build a stronger, healthier region through Co-op leadership. Announce your candidacy for the East End Food Co-op Board of Directors!
Qualifications – Required
Directors are elected by the EEFC membership. To run for the Board, a candidate must:
- Be a voting member of the Co-op, at least 18 years old, who has fulfilled his/her financial obligations to the Co-op;
- Not have an overriding conflict of interest with service on the board;
- Complete the Declaration of Candidacy form found at http://bit.ly/eefc_candidacy
Qualifications – Recommended
- To ensure candidates have a clear understanding of the type of work the board does, we strongly
recommend that a candidate attend at least one Board of Directors meeting in the year prior to the
election. Specifically, for this year, this refers to any of the meetings between September 21, 2015 and August 15, 2016.
Please see the Candidate Packet for full details about qualifications (Candidate Packet is also available at Customer Service).
Qualities of a Good Board Candidate
Dedication to the Co-op and its principles is first and foremost. A strong candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and desire to work closely with other board members as part of a cohesive team
- Vision for the future, and an ability to see present-day decisions in the context of the long-term health of the Co-op
- The ability to speak openly and independently in group discussions, while also being able to abide by decisions arrived at collectively by the board
- Good judgment, honesty, and courage
Directors prepare for and attend monthly board meetings, participate in ongoing email discussions, and take the lead in accomplishing various tasks on board committees, which requires a commitment of 10-30 hours a month. A director is elected for a term of three years and there is no limit to the number of terms a director may serve.
Elections for the board of directors will take place this fall. If you are interested in running, pick up a candidate packet from Customer Service or here: Candidate Packet, then visit http://bit.ly/eefc_candidacy, to submit your answers along with a photo. Candidate submissions will be accepted from Friday, July 1 until Saturday, July 30 at 9 PM.
Questions or concerns about candidacy or board service may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.