Save Money with Special Orders
Special ordering is one of the original kernels of food co-operatives. Many co-ops began as buying clubs in which friends gathered together in order to garner buying power and placed case orders with natural food distributors. The East End Food Co-op’s special ordering service keeps that spirit alive.
Customers can pre-order almost any product we carry in a case amount. Please note that sale items will only be sold at the sale price, less the 2% member discount. Regularly priced items will receive one of the following discounts:
- Non-members save 5% off of regular retail price
- Members save 20% off of regular retail price
- Volunteers pay only 5% above wholesale cost
If you know the brand name of a product we do not carry, our buyers will do their best to find it for you. The typical case amount for regular grocery products is 12 items, with a few exceptions. Bulk item case amounts vary according to product.
- Herbs and spices: one pound
- Coffee: five to ten pounds
- Oats: fifty pounds
- Everything else, from beans to flour, please call buyer or Customer Service for more information
Contact Customer Service for more information regarding the types of cases and for pricing inquiries.
How does it work?
- To place an order call 412.242.3598, visit Customer Service, email it online or fax it to (412) 242-7723.
- Customer Service will call you when your order arrives, usually within two weeks.
- Come into the Co-op within two weeks and stop by Customer Service. They will ask for your last name, look up your order and page the stockroom to bring your order to the registers.
East End Food Co-op
7516 Meade Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15208