Now is a great time to invest in our community-owned store! The East End Food Co-op is an independent store committed to the health and wellness of our community. We ensure millions of dollars stay within our regional economy by focusing on products that come from within 250 miles of the store, partnering with 90+ local vendors. We also donate tens of thousands of dollars a year to local non-profits through our Register Round Up program. Throughout the pandemic, we’ve remained open and added a curbside shopping service, ensuring our retail partners have a place to sell their goods and the community has a safe and reliable place to buy their groceries. Because we believe in a business model that puts people over profit, we proudly returned a majority of our third-quarter profits to our staff members through a profit-sharing program and “hero appreciation pay.”
What does it mean to invest?
When you become a member of the Co-op, you become part owner of the store by purchasing a $100 share of the business. Becoming a member gives you access to lots of Member Benefits, and also gives you an opportunity to get more involved in our democratic process by voting for the board of directors, running for the board, or serving on a board committee if you wish.
How do I become a Member?
Joining is easy! Just stop by our Customer Service desk in the store to complete your application or start the application online and complete your payment in the store. You can pay for your membership in $25 quarterly installments or $100 in full. There are no annual fees or dues and the investment is 100% refundable. There is nothing to lose!
New members who join during the drive receive extra incentives!
- $5 off $35 coupon (valid through July 31st)
- Fair Trade chocolate bar
- Entered in a drawing to win a $100 EEFC gift card.
- Plus, the Co-op will donate $5 to the organization of each new members’ choice: Black Lives Matter or the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
It pays to be a member.
- 2% discount on all daily purchases
- 10% discount quarterly on the transaction of your choice
- Discounted tickets to Co-op events (when they resume)
- Discounts extended by other businesses through our Community Partners Program*
- Save up to 20% when you purchase case quantities of your favorite items through Special Orders
- Check-writing privileges for up to $20 over purchase amount
- Option to receive e-receipts electronically for all shopping transactions*
- Access to EEFC Federal Credit Union
- Voting privileges in Co-op elections
- The opportunity to run for the EEFC Board of Directors*
- The opportunity to participate with board committees
- All Co-op Members who shop during the drive (6/14-6/30) will be automatically entered to win one of ten $40 EEFC gift cards.
- Co-op Members who are not able to shop in the period can email us at email@example.com with a statement about why they love being a co-op member/what the co-op means to them for an entry to win.
Due to COVID-19, we will not be tabling, offering raffles in the store, or doing a prize wheel as we have in the past.