In response to the COVID-19 threat and the Stay-in-Place order for Allegheny County, the East End Food Co-op is offering curbside grocery pickup for the most vulnerable members of our community–seniors and immune compromised shoppers. This service will be available for a limited time on Sunday only. Place your order here.
East End Food Co-op has ramped up our cleaning and sanitizing routine to help reduce the risk of spreading the illness to our staff and to our members and shoppers.
- We have created a list of common touch points throughout the store that will be sanitized at least twice daily. This includes cooler handles, bulk bin scoops, cart handles, pin pads, equipment buttons, scales, and much more.
- Each cashier station will have cleaning solutions and gloves for staff to wear.
- Sanitizing stations are available on the sales floor for customers to use when shopping.
EEFC is also making the following efforts to ensure staff safety and reduce infection:
- All Co-op Community Events for the month of March are cancelled.
- The annual Earth Day Bulk Sale scheduled for Sunday, April 19th is cancelled.
- We have withdrawn from planned community outreach events.
- We are suspending food sampling and our Co+op Kids free fruit program.
- We have stopped accepting personal cups at the Café counter and are discontinuing the use of reusable silverware, plates, and bowls at the hot bar and salad bar.
- We have asked any staff exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness or fever to stay home and notify their physician. Our staff receive paid time off and can elect to use this to cover absences due to illness. Any absence related to illness for the foreseeable future will not be counted as an attendance occurrence for our staff.
How you can help:
- Please do not bring reusable cups or containers for use in our Café or hot bar.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands regularly and follow proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
As you may have noticed, we are already experiencing supply chain issues, including out of stocks, late and/or missing deliveries. Our suppliers and distributors are working their hardest to reduce these issues. We will do our best to communicate these product shortages and offer substitutions where we can. We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation as we work through managing shortages of high-demand products. As a reminder, East End Food Co-op members may place special orders for case quantities of products and we will do our best to fill these requests.
Thank you for being part of the East End Food Co-op community. We are honored to have a place at your table and remain focused on keeping you happy and healthy. As we receive new information in this rapidly evolving situation, we will keep you updated via email. You can also follow us on social media.