Braised Cabbage & Apples
An easy one-pot meal with comforting fall foods. Delicious on its own or as a side with pork or chicken.
- 1 small cabbage (green or purple are both fine) 6 cups shredded
- 1 apple granny smith, gravenstein, pink lady, or baking apple preferred
- 2 Tbs butter or vegan butter substitute
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash celery seed or celery salt
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1/4 cup water
Shred cabbage; core and cut apple into slices
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced apples and cook for 2 minutes.
Add brown sugar and vinegar, tossing to coat apples. Cook 2 more minutes.
Add cabbage and spices. Toss to coat.
Add water, cover skillet with lid and simmer for 5 minutes.