- 2-4 fresh heirloom tomatoes, diced or 2-3 cups of fresh cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters.
- 1-2 yellow and/or orange peppers, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup of balsamic reduction
- 1 large head of garlic roasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1 fresh loaf of bread
Add the tomatoes, peppers, red onion and basil to a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Mix olive oil and balsamic reduction in a small bowl. Squeeze in 2-3 cloves of the roasted garlic and mix well. Pour over vegetables and mix well. (Optional: marinate in fridge for 2-3 hours to marry flavors.)
In a small food processor, add goat cheese, 2-3 cloves of roasted garlic and Italian seasoning. Blend until cheese looks whipped & soft.
Slice bread, and rub lightly with a raw clove of garlic. Toast lightly.
Spread whipped cheese on bread, top with veggies and marinade. Enjoy!