We are resuming the use of reusable bulk containers!
Your CLEAN reusable bulk bags and containers are welcome for use once again in the Bulk Department. We happily received approval from the Allegheny County Health Department to reinstate reusable bulk food containers. (Please note that this change does not include reusable mugs and beverage containers.)
Please keep everyone safe and take care of your reusables!
Wash reusable bags between each use. Cotton and canvas bags are machine washable. Bags made from recycled plastics should be handwashed in warm soapy water.
Reusable containers must be clean. Run them through your dishwasher or handwash in warm soapy water before refilling them at the store.
Shoppers will no longer be asked to bag their own groceries if they bring their own shopping bags. Shopping into your own bag is still prohibited (as it always was!).
We are resuming our pre-COVID return policy.
The East End Food Co-op exists to enhance the physical and social health in our community. We offer products that are ethically sourced and of the highest quality, and we want everyone to love the items they purchase here! If you are dissatisfied with a product that you have purchased at EEFC, please contact the staff at the Customer Service Desk.
Our return policy exists to promote customer satisfaction while setting reasonable and fiscally responsible boundaries for refunds and exchanges. We ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- With a receipt, we will issue you a store credit, or a refund in the same tender that you paid for the item.
- Without a receipt, we will issue store credit.
- In most cases, we ask for proof of purchase—the product itself or its packaging are acceptable. In the instance of perishable product, we ask that you discard the product and inform the Customer Service desk, via phone, email, or in person, as soon as possible.
- We may ask you to provide photo identification and your address.
- An item that has been recalled may be returned, in adherence with the guidelines presented by the agent which has issued the recall.
- A 15% processing fee will be applied to the return of a special order.
All returns and refunds are subject to the discretion of the Customer Service Staff and the Manager on Duty.
Effective October 13, 2020