There is nothing more satisfying at the end of a cold winter day than a bowl of homemade soup. It’s even better when you know that the ingredients are healthful as well as delicious. Pair this with a fresh local loaf of bread and you have a meal worth sharing with friends and loved ones.
Co-op Café Chickpea Chili
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons evaporated cane juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Saute onions, peppers, and spices in olive oil until tender.
Add tomatoes, chickpeas, cane juice, salt, and pepper.
Simmer on low heat, stirring frequently for twenty minutes.
Add water or tomato juice if necessary to thin consistency.