Green Phase Information
Allegheny County is officially in the Green Phase. Here’s what that means for the East End Food Co-op:
- For now, our hours remain 9 am to 7 pm with our first hour of business reserved for seniors and immune compromised shoppers.
- We will continue to limit the number of shoppers in the store at a time with a focus on staggering groups of customers to ensure proper social distancing can be observed.
- Curbside shopping and home delivery options are still available. Visit our website for more information and to place an order. (click here for curbside and here for delivery)
- Face coverings are still required to shop in the store. Exemptions are made for children under age 2 and those with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask. Need a mask? We can provide one!
- Reusable containers of any kind for bulk, produce, or cafe purchases are still prohibited.
- Our Cafe will continue to serve in a grab-and-go capacity. Cafe seating is not available.
Some frequently asked questions:
Can I use my reusable shopping bags?
YES! We still ask that you bag your own groceries and refrain from shopping into your bags.
Are you accepting bottle returns (Brutton’s Milk and Tyler Mt. jugs)?
YES! Please place milk bottles in the crate at Customer Service and return your 5 gallon water jugs to the shelf in the store.
We cannot thank you enough for your continued patience, your willingness to stand in line to shop at your co-op, and for adapting with us through many changes over the past three months. Your commitment has helped ensure we can provide an outlet for many local farmers and vendors during a very difficult time and pay our staff much derserved “appreciation pay” thorughout the pandemic.
East End Food Co-op Staff