Raw Radish and Kale Salad with Sunflower Seeds
- 1 bunch curly kale rinsed and dried, woody stems removed
- 1 bunch radishes trimmed, washed and dried, sliced
- 3 Tbps. sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil for massaging the kale
- Salt to taste
Nutritional Yeast and Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing:
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of tamari preferred or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
Tear the trimmed kale leaves into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or just enough to coat all the leaves) over the kale and gently massage the leaves for about 1 minute to tenderize them.
For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine all ingredients.
Place the kale, radishes and sunflower seeds in a bowl and drizzle with desired amount of dressing (you will have lots of dressing left over for future salads.