The Co-op offers all of the products of a full-service grocery store with a natural and local touch. Our product mix is carefully curated to ensure the items on our shelves are produced using humane and ecologically sound methods that don’t exploit people, animals, or our environment.
We have all the food you need to build healthy meals, from organic pantry staples to unique local products. Our offerings include gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and vegetarian snacks, convenience meals, bars, baking goods, chocolate, sodas and juices, plus earth-friendly household items and cleaners. Look for every day low prices through our Co+op Basics program, offering over 400 affordable grocery staples.
Knowledgeable staff members are always happy to help you select something special on our shelves, answer your questions, or suggest a recipe.
Commitment to Local
Nobody does local like the Co-op! We work with hundreds of local vendors, farmers, and small businesses because we believe in creating a strong community and maintaining a sustainable, regional food infrastructure. Nearly 30% of our annual sales are local products. When you shop at the Co-op, you help reinvest millions of dollars into the community every year.
We strive to promote products and methods that are:
- Whole* and minimally processed*
- Certified Organic
- Certified Naturally Grown and/or Biodynamic
- Non-GMO Project Verified/Specified Non-GMO Certified Fair Trade
- Certified Humane
- Minimally packaged or in recyclable &/or returnable containers
- Produced using humane and ecologically sound methods that don’t exploit people, animals, or our environment
We will not knowingly carry products that contain:
- Artificial ingredients, such as colorings, flavorings, preservatives or additives
- Known harmful ingredients such as nitrates or nitrites, synthetic chemicals, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, or MSG
- Antibiotics or growth hormones
- Or have been tested on animals
*local = within a 250 mile radius of Pittsburgh extending to all of Pennsylvania
*whole = having only one ingredient: itself
*minimally processed = using traditional, low-tech methods of processing or preservation, for example: smoking, roasting, freezing, canning, drying, or fermenting. These techniques do not fundamentally alter or separate whole foods.
If you have a question or would like to make a product recommendation, please contact Maura Holliday at 412-242-3598 x 160 or write her a comment card the next time you’re in the store!