Fresh, organic, and local produce is our specialty! Our variety and selection of organic produce is unmatched, as is our commitment to offering the highest quality produce to you and your family.
Fresh & Local
We are proud of the relationships we have with our farmers; we even get to visit a number of the farms where our produce is grown! Much of our local produce comes from within 50 miles of the store, allowing our growers to harvest each item at its peak freshness. It is possible you could purchase vegetables at the Co-op that were picked that very same day–it doesn’t get much fresher than that! We know you’ll taste the difference in the fresh, local produce available at the Co-op.
How we prioritize the produce we offer:
- Local, certified organic
- Local, organically-grown
- Certified Organic
- Local, conventionally-grown
- Fresh herbs and sprouts
- Carrots and wheatgrass for juicing
- Greens, lettuces by the head, and pre-packaged salad mixes
- Organic and local tomatoes
- Root vegetables
- Fruits, from apples and pears to the exotic
- Organic berries
- Seeds and gardening supplies seasonally
Sales & Specials
Each week, a new set of fresh deals are available in the Produce Department. See what’s on sale here.
We invite kids 12 and under to enjoy one free piece of fruit each time they visit the Co-op! Just sign up for our free Co+op Kids program at Customer Service. Fruit selections include apples and/or bananas. Find them in the designated Co+op Kids basket located in the Produce Department. Make sure your little one wears a Co+op Kids sticker (found alongside the free fruit) so our cashiers know they’re participating.
The East End Food Co-op’s goals and intentions are to offer you a floral department which strives to bring in a variety of fair trade and locally sourced soil, seedlings, plants, and flowers, when seasonally available.
Our vendors include:
- Hudson Valley Seeds Company
- Renee’s Garden
- Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- High Mowing Seeds
- Who Cooks For You Farm – seedlings – New Bethlehem, PA
- Blackberry Meadows Farm – seedlings – Natrona Heights, PA
- The Bloomery – Butler PA
- Cutting Root Apothecary – Pittsburgh