Spinach and Ramps Quiche
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1/4 lb ramps cleaned and roots removed
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or roasted & chopped
- 6 oz smoked Gouda shredded
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese shredded
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Generously butter a 9 inch pie plate and set aside.
In a small pan, heat about tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms and cook until reduced. Add ramps and spinach and stir until spinach is wilted.
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, whole milk, and half and half. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the Gouda and Parmesan. Add the cooked spinach, ramps, mushrooms and garlic.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the eggs look set and the edges are slightly browned.