These light, delicious and slightly crisp Spinach Ball appetizers are perfect for your next holiday party.Print
- 40 oz. of frozen chopped spinach
- 2 boxes cornbread stuffing mix OR 4 cups of Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 small green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup of butter melted
- 1-2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- 2 medium cloves garlic mashed
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flavorful extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a medium bowl, mix the frozen chopped spinach, cornbread stuffing OR Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, butter, green onion, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls.
Arrange the balls in a single layer on a large baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
To prepare sauce, add yogurt, mashed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, dill and pepper, stirring together well.
Serve and enjoy!