Dear Co-op Community,
Thank you for your continued support during these difficult days. We know the weight each of you feel as we enter these uncharted territories. We are happy to provide some level of normalcy, and to offer healthy food that provides you with nourishment and comfort. Here at the Co-op, we are working extremely hard to continue to serve you at this time, with staff working all hours of the day and night to keep our business moving as efficiently as we possibly can. Each day brings new challenges, and we may have to adapt these plans, but for now you can expect the following changes at the Co-op.
Beginning Thursday, March 19th we will be open daily from 9 am to 7 pm.
Senior Shopping Preference
- We are asking our community to please allow seniors preference in shopping in the first hour we are open.
- Our 5% senior discount will be honored from 9 am to 10 am every day; in the event we have to open late, the discount will be honored in the first hour we are open.
- Tuesdays and Thursday will remain Senior Discount Days. Shoppers age 62+ receive a 5% courtesy discount all day Tuesday and Thursday. Please let us know at checkout if you qualify.
- No holds. We are not able to place holds on any products at this time. If you are a member, you may place a special order for a case quantity of items you desire, and we will do our best to fulfill those requests.
- No Rain Checks. Due to frequent out-of-stocks and the unpredictable nature of our deliveries, we are not able to offer rain checks for items that are not on our shelves.
Co-op Community Events
- All events for March and April are cancelled.
- The board bylaws meetings are also cancelled, but members may review possible revisions and updates online at eastendfood.coop/bylaws2020.
- There are NO OUTSIDE CONTAINERS permitted.
- We are discontinuing bulk lettuce and bulk mushrooms in our Produce Department.
- In the coming days, we will be transitioning our bulk food area to pre-packaged bags or containers. This is the best solution for us to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation while ensuring we can offer you the bulk goods you desire. We know this is a huge shift in our culture, so please know we are doing this out of necessity.
- Our on-tap kombucha bar will be unavailable for the foreseeable future.
- During peak shopping hours, we will be letting in 15 people at a time every 5 minutes to help us maintain a more manageable customer flow. When our Front End becomes overwhelmed with long lines, it makes shopping more difficult and stressful for everyone and creates congestion in the store. Customer flow will only be enforced during peak shopping periods, which to date have been upon opening and again in mid-afternoon.
Please know we are making these decisions in the interest of supporting our staff and our community. Thank you again for your continued cooperation and understanding.
Maura Holliday, General Manager