In the midst of COVID-19, the East End Food Co-op remains committed to serving our community with fresh, healthy food in a safe, clean, and stress-free environment. Our staff are working every day to ensure we can continue to meet the needs of our community in these difficult times. We have had to make many changes in operations in response to this unprecedented event, and we want to ensure our members and shoppers have the information they need. A summary of operational changes and store updates is below. To receive our updates via email, please subscribe here. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Open Daily from 8 AM to 8 PM
- Masks are Optional – We encourage everyone to make the decision that is best for them. Please be respectful of the personal decision other community members make. (effective 10/30/2022)
- Reusable Shopping Bags are permitted. However, customers may not shop into their bags.
- Reusable Containers are permitted in bulk foods. Containers must be clean. Does not include beverage containers. (effective 10/13/2020)
- Returnable Containers
- We are still accepting Brunton’s glass milk bottles and Tyler Mountain spring water containers.
- Customers may show their Tyler Mountain Spring water container to our staff for a tag and are asked to return the empty containers to the shelf themselves.
- Glass milk bottles are to be cleaned prior to returning them to the Co-op. Customers may place empty milk bottles directly into our return milk crate at Customer Service.
- Do not shop into your own bags.
- No Rain Checks – Due to frequent out of stocks and the unpredictable nature of our deliveries, we cannot offer rain checks for products that are not on our shelves.
- Holds – We are resuming our pre-COVID hold policy, with the exception of fresh meat.
- Return Policy – we are resuming our pre-COVID return policy. (effective 10/13/2020)
- Our café seating area is closed. (effective March 16, 2020)
- Our Salad bar is again open.
- Our hot bar and counter service will be closed until staffing needs can be met.
- We are not accepting reusable containers from customers at this time.
- We’re partnered with Mercato, so you can shop for your favorite East End Food Co-op products online for local delivery. Our delivery radius is about 16 miles from the store. The minimum purchase for online ordering is $25.
- Please select the “choose the best replacements” option when you check out. This will help us move quickly through orders and open more spots for other shoppers.
Contact-free Curbside Grocery Pick Up
- Details about curbside shopping are available here.
Co-op Community Events
- We are following the guidelines established by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Allegheny County to limit gatherings and follow appropriate social distancing.
- East End Food Co-op has ramped up our cleaning and sanitizing routine to help reduce the risk of spreading the illness to our staff and to our members and shoppers.
- Each cashier station has cleaning solutions and gloves for staff to wear.
- Sanitizing stations are available on the sales floor for customers to use when shopping.
How you can help
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands regularly and follow proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Please shop only for the things you need and touch only the products you intend to buy.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance (the length of two shopping carts) from fellow shoppers and our staff members.
- Please step away from our Café counter while you are waiting for your beverage.
- Please be prompt with your shopping trips and do not linger in the store.
- Be kind to staff and fellow shoppers.
Links to Weekly Announcements & Updates
- Universal Face Covering Order 11/19/2020
- Bulk Update: Reusable Containers Welcome 10/13/2020
- COVID-19 Update 9/30/2020
- Green Phase Information 6/6/2020
- Store Update 4/17/2020
- Policy Reminder: No Returns 4/13/2020
- Special Order Update for Members 4/9/2020
- Store Update 3/26/2020
- Store Update 3/18/2020
- A message regarding coronavirus 3/14/2020