East End Food Co-op is proud to support and make significant contributions to local community groups in a variety of ways, including our donation program. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the overwhelming volume of submissions it is not possible to fulfill every request. Our decisions are based on a group’s consistency with EEFC’s Ends statement, the number of people who will benefit, as well as the funds available in our donation program’s budget at the time a request is received. Most donations will be provided in the form of gift certificates, but exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome your request, but we ask that you thoroughly review the guidelines below before making your submission.
- Donation requests must be made formally using the Donation Request Form. You can submit it at Customer Service or mail it to the attention of Marketing and Member Services at the East End Food Co-op.
- Donation requests will only be reviewed on the 1st and 15th of every month. Requests made less than 4 weeks in advance of the event will not be considered.
- All donations made by the EEFC must benefit the local community.
- Only one donation will be made per year to any given organization.
- If the request is on behalf of a non-profit organization, you must provide documentation of the 501(c)(3) status.
- We require that all donations made by the EEFC receive public acknowledgement.
- Requests made by any of the following groups will not be considered:
- Political candidates or organizations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Individuals/personal sponsorships
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or status in any other protected group.
We reserve the right to make exceptions to the above guidelines at our discretion.
We will carefully consider your donation request and guarantee a response to all requests as they are processed. Because of the overwhelming volume of requests, we must respectfully ask that you refrain from calling or emailing to follow up on your request.
Thank you for your interest in the East End Food Co-op and the valuable work you provide to the community!
Our Membership Records
East End Food Co-op only uses membership data for East End Food Co-op business purposes. We refuse requests to sell or trade membership data with outside organizations. East End Food Co-op authorizes select employees to access membership records in our membership database, and those employees are directed not to disclose private member information, including but not limited to, names, phone numbers, street addresses, and e-mail addresses, to anyone outside East End Food Co-op.
Our Point of Sale Register System
East End Food Co-op does not sell or trade information collected in the operation of our POS (Point of Sale) register system with other organizations. Technical support contractors are asked to sign a confidentiality agreement with East End Food Co-op. Information collected through the use of this system is used for East End Food Co-op purposes.
East End Food Co-op does not sell or trade any information about visitors to our website including browsers, operating systems or IP addresses. East End Food Co-op website does not create or use any cookies. East End Food Co-op does not sell or trade e-mail addresses which consumers provide to us, and we use this information for East End Food Co-op business only.
* East End Food Co-op retains the right to share information with public agencies in the event of a public health and/or safety emergency.
The East End Food Co-op exists to enhance the physical and social health in our community. We offer products that are ethically sourced and of the highest quality, and we want everyone to love the items they purchase here! If you are dissatisfied with a product that you have purchased at EEFC, please contact the staff at the Customer Service Desk.
Our return policy exists to promote customer satisfaction while setting reasonable and fiscally responsible boundaries for refunds and exchanges. We ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- With a receipt, we will issue you a store credit, or a refund in the same tender that you paid for the item.
- Without a receipt, we will issue store credit.
- In most cases, we ask for proof of purchase—the product itself or its packaging are acceptable. In the instance of perishable product, we ask that you discard the product and inform the Customer Service desk, via phone, email, or in person, as soon as possible.
- We will ask you to provide photo identification and your address.
- An item that has been recalled may be returned, in adherence with the guidelines presented by the agent which has issued the recall.
- A 15% processing fee will be applied to the return of a special order.
All returns and refunds are subject to the discretion of the Customer Service Staff and the Manager on Duty.
- The promoter is: East End Food Co-op whose registered office is at 7516 Mead Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15208.
- Employees of East End Food Co-op or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable, and are not eligible for return or exchange at the store. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified via Facebook within 1 day of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner.
- Prizes will be collected at the East End Food Co-op, 7516 Meade Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15208. Under no conditions will prizes be mailed to the winner. If the winner is not able to pick up their prize within 7 days of being contacted by the East End Food Co-op, the prize will be considered forfeited.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.