Co-operative Principle #5 is Education, training, and information. Below is the start of educational resources and information on ways you can actively participate in making a positive change in our world. We plan to build on this list as we gather more resources. If you have a suggestion for a resource to add, please leave us a comment or send us a message! Thank you!
- Anti-racism resources – A Google Doc complied by protester and activist Johnetta Elzie includes articles, videos, organizations to follow on social media, tools for white parents of white children, and a list of resources.
- Ways you can help – A regularly updated list of resources, places to donate (including non-monetary donations), petitions, and phone numbers to call or text.
- Cocoapreneur Pgh– Black-owned business directory created by University of Pittsburgh graduate Khamil Scantling.
- African American Chamber of Commerce of Western PA Business Directory – promotes access and business opportunities for African American business owners and professionals throughout the region.
- Everyone welcome? Personal narratives about race and food co-ops.
- Making Freedom. Regional information about abolition geography and the movement to defund Pittsburgh police.
- Scaffolded Anti-Racist Resources. A working document for scaffolding anti-racism resources. The goal is to facilitate growth for white folks to become allies, and eventually accomplices for anti-racist work.
- What White People Can Do for Racial Justice