We are energetic, cooperative, and committed employees who enjoy helping others through exceptional customer service and who share a love for good, healthful food. The East End Food Co-op is a growing business that operates in a diverse, fast-paced retail environment. We serve our community 7 days a week, 362 days a year (we are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day).
Interested in joining us?
People who work at the East End Food Co-op:
- Are team players: cooperative, loyal, and committed to the co-op’s success.
- Work hard and adapt to changing needs: are flexible, efficient, and maintain a quick pace.
- Act with integrity: are accountable, dependable, trustworthy, and honest.
- Have a positive attitude: exude kindness to others and embrace diversity.
- Provide excellent customer service: are helpful, friendly, and patient, even in stressful situations.
- Care about good food: the ingredients, growing practices, and the best ways to prepare and eat it.
If you are prepared to make a serious commitment to our organization and have the skills, talent, and characteristics we are looking for, please tell us more about yourself through our online application.
East End Food Co-op’s COVID-19 Response
Customer and employee safety is our highest priority as we manage this public health crisis. We have taken the following steps to support our staff and community:
- Increased cleaning of high touch surfaces
- Monitoring and metering customer access
- Plexiglass shields at check out lanes and beverage counter
- Masks and face shields are available and required
- Reminders for social distancing are posted throughout the store
- Carts and baskets are sanitized between use
- PPE provided for all staff (gloves, masks, face shields)
- Handwashing breaks for staff every hour
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the store
Local UE 667 Partnership
The United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers (UE) Local 667 represent some East End Food Co-op staff. Our partnership serves to promote excellent labor-management relations covering wages, hours, and conditions of employment.