The East End Food Co-op is a growing business that operates in a diverse, fast-paced retail environment. We are energetic, cooperative, and committed employees who enjoy helping others through exceptional customer service and who share a love for good, healthful food. We serve our community seven days a week, 362 days a year (we are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day).
Interested in joining us?
We’re looking for the following:
- Team players: cooperative, loyal, and committed to the Co-op’s success.
- Hard workers that are adaptable to changing needs: flexible, efficient, and maintain a quick pace.
- Integrity: accountable, dependable, trustworthy, and honest.
- Positive attitude: exude kindness to others and embrace diversity.
- Excellent customer service: helpful, friendly, and patient, even in stressful situations.
- People who care about good food: the ingredients, growing practices, and the best ways to prepare and eat it.
If you are prepared to make a serious commitment to our organization and have the skills, talent, and characteristics we are looking for, please tell us more about yourself through our online application.
East End Food Co-op’s COVID-19 Response
Customer and employee safety is our highest priority as we manage this public health crisis. We have taken the following steps to support our staff and community:
- Plexiglass shields at check-out lanes and beverage counter.
- Masks are provided for customers.
- PPE is provided for all staff (gloves, masks, face shields).
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the store.
Diversity and Inclusion
The mission of our Diversity and Inclusion Committee is to cultivate a safe, uplifting, and welcoming work environment that is centered around knowledge sharing, understanding, and acceptance of differences. We envision a supportive and inclusive community of peers who are empowered to enact positive change.
The East End Food Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other identifier irrelevant to the performance of the duties of a position. The East End Food Co-op is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Local UE 667 Partnership
The United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers (UE) Local 667 represents many East End Food Co-op staff. Our partnership serves to promote excellent labor-management relations covering wages, hours, and conditions of employment.