It’s Election time! This year Members may vote for up to 5 candidates. There are three seats up for re-election and two vacancies. Typically, the board fills vacancies through an appointment process that is very time consuming. Given that there are two vacancies going into the election, and the board’s interest to look for opportunities to increase democracy and member voice, the board decided to fill the two vacancies through the process of the election. It achieves the mutual goal of (1) making if more efficient for the board and (2) maximizing democracy and member involvement.
Saturday, October 27th through 9 PM EST Sunday, November 30th.
Members can vote online at voting.eastendfood.coop
- Click on the “Ballot” tab at the top of the page.
- You will be required to log in to vote.
- Your login is your Member Number. You can find your Member Number on the back of your Member Card. Remove the leading 4 and zeros as well as the last digit. Example: 4 00000 16989 7 = 16989
- Your password is your last name + your 5 digit zip code. Names are all lowercase with no hyphens, spaces, or special characters. Examples: Joe Smith, Jr. = smith12345, Jane O’Rochester = orochester12345, John Weaver-Cooperator = weavercooperator12345
- Once you log in, you will be prompted to provide an email address.
- After submitting your email address, you will receive a voting notification email with a link directly to the ballot. The link is good for 24 hours, after that you’ll need to login again.
- You may select up to 5 candidates; please be sure not to select more than 5.
Members can vote in person at the Customer Service desk.
- The primary member should present a photo ID at Customer Service.
- Customer service will look up your membership in the database and print you a ballot with your name and member number already printed on it.
- Place your ballot in the box located at the Customer Service desk.
A few things to remember:
- We can only accept one ballot per membership number.
- If a household has a membership, only one vote is allowed from that household. If there are multiple votes from one membership number, ALL will be disqualified.
- Do not allow anyone else to fill in your ballot or deposit it in the ballot box for you.
- Proxy voting is not allowed per the East End Food Co-op Bylaws and Policies.
Hello Member-Owner! May I introduce myself? My name’s Emily DeFerrari and I’ve been one of your board directors for almost [...]
This time of year is exciting for the governance of our Co-op. Both the election of board members and our [...]
As many of your know, the Co-op's General Manager (GM) resigned in October 2017. Since then, the Co-op has been [...]