Grilled Pineapple Tomato Salsa
- 1 medium Pineapple peeled, sliced into rings
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium Red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 fresh serrano chile, chopped (seeds and stem removed)
- Juice of one or two fresh limes (2-3 Tbsp to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh cilantro or mint
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Brush pineapple slices with oil and grill until lightly browned on both sides.
Let cool and dice.
Mix with remaining ingredients. Allow to marinate at least 2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Serve at room temperature.
Great on grilled chicken, pork or tofu!